THIS WEEK – January 14 – 21
Published weekly on KVI website www.kvicanada.org
“Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.” Isaiah 49:13
FOR THOSE WHO LOVE TO PRAY
THANK YOU GOD…for the thousands of Christmas camps and programs organized and led by church camp teams in the former Soviet Union, and for all who attended.
- For “Grace Place” winter camp in Kryvyi Rih attended by 82 children who heard about the meaning of Jesus’ birth – 25 of them heard it for the first time.
- For the “Golden Ticket” winter camp with 30 non-Christian campers and for the camp with 100 campers, 90 of them were non-Christians.
- For “Camp Level Up” which ran a camp with 180 non-Christian campers in the Ukraine war-zone.
- For 110 children plus their parents in Armenia who attended a puppet show portraying the meaning of Jesus’ birth.
- For “Camp Mountain Pass” 3-day camp with 20 non-Christian teenagers who were told the story of the miracle birth of Jesus, made new friends, went skiing, and received gifts.
- For December donations which were sufficient to pay all staff salaries and government taxes.
- Oksana is getting ready to teach 100 camp leaders at the camp staff conference on January 23 run by the Seventh Day Adventist Camp Association, Kiev, Ukraine.
- The CCI/Ukraine staff is launching their triennial research in the six FSU countries we serve to discover the needs of the camps and how we can serve them better.
- Staff members in Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia and Country X are entering their mailing lists into the same customer Relations System for more effective research and customer service.
- The staff team in Country X is working on a winter day camp program for children ages 2-6.
- The CCI/Ukraine staff is sending Thank You letters to the Ukrainian donors, those who donated in 2019. Pray that the donors will be moved to keep on with their support of the CCI/Ukraine ministry.
- Pray for the children and parents who heard the Good News during the Christmas camps and programs. Pray that many will come to church as a result.
- Pray for Oksana (staff member in Ukraine) – she has a bad flu.
- Ask God to heal Astghik in Armenia as she has contracted a nasty virus.
“YOUR KINGDOM COME, YOUR WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN” JESUS
Our staff in the former Soviet Union appreciates your prayers for the projects they are working on currently. God is continuing to turn the hearts of thousands of youth to Him and to churches through the camping ministries.
Welcome to Kingdom Ventures Inc - Youth Camps
The fervent prayers and generous financial support of KVI Youth Camps faithful people have contributed to a fruitful 2014 camping season. Camp staff was schooled at five training events after which they opened hundreds of camps to serve thousands of youth. In spite of the war in Ukraine, most camps operated, although at 70% capacity because parents were reluctant to let their children travel. Almost all camps had some campers from the war zone. We will tell you more at HymnSing.
We are honored to have the Kyiv Symphony Orchestra and Chorus as our guests at HymnSing Sunday, September 28, 6:00 p.m. The 34-voice Slavic A Capella Choir will sing hymns and spirituals, sacred classics and Ukrainian folk songs. You will hear stories of God’s awesome deeds in the camps and among the refugees from the war zone of Ukraine. Click on ‘HymnSing’ below to learn more. Join Ruth Ens and the KVI HymnSing team at Calvary Temple on September 28 at 6:00 p.m.