Learn a little about Camp Vertical – one of the ventures supported by KVI.
May 17 – 23, 2022
Russia/Ukraine Invasion Report #12
Published weekly by CCI/Ukraine Staff www.kvicanada.org
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12
THANK YOU, GOD
- It is the Lord who has kept us alive according to your prayers. If you only knew how empowering your prayers are for us!
- For using the gifts He has given our staff to work with refugees at the Volunteer Center and for the very trusting relationships we have established with them.
- For the hundreds of brothers in the Lord who are laying down their lives to protect Ukraine from the invaders.
- For all the churches in Georgia who help refugees from Ukraine.
FROM THE FRONT LINE
- “Our truck was hit by a tank shot, overturned, and caught fire. We promptly left the truck. Enemy machine gunfire followed. My shoulder is wounded. We crawled into a hole. Everyone is alive! We realized how powerful your prayers are. Pray for us more often.” Sergey
- Artem, age 22, a summer camp counselor, died last week while defending the besieged city of Mariupol. His mother writes, “God saved him from becoming the prey of Russian soldiers and their torment and torture.”
- Oleg, Oksana’s husband, and his battalion fighting on the front lines, pray The Lord’s Prayer twice daily.
- It is very difficult to master your emotions and give thanks, when you receive reports daily of the death or injury of friends, brothers, and sisters in the Lord.
- Our staff is consulting lawyers and camp experts to provide legal and practical advice to pass on to our camps for running camps in these troublesome circumstances.
- The invaders are restoring monuments to Lenin and communist symbols in cities of Ukraine which they occupy.
- Last week the Russian representative to the UN accused Ukraine of training children to become militants in their camps.
- Please do not stop praying for the victory of Ukraine in this demonic war.
- “Our soldiers in combat are protecting the sovereignty of Ukraine. They are our pride! It seems that the only hope they have is our prayers. Pray for them every day. Together we will win!”
- Pray for God to strengthen Ukrainian churches and camps and to protect them from satanic attacks.
- After 12 weeks of serving war victims, our staff, camp leaders, and the thousands of volunteers in Ukraine are exhausted both emotionally and physically. Ask God to renew their strength so they can continue to serve people who are in great need.