THIS WEEK – June 2 – 8
Published weekly by CCI/Ukraine Staff www.kvicanada.org
FOR THOSE WHO LOVE TO PRAY
“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.”
THANK YOU GOD
- For the support and wisdom of the CCI/Ukraine Board of Trustees as they met last week and provided good counsel to the staff regarding the projects proposed for this year.
- That we have successfully completed the CampDays-2020 on-line staff training workshop.
- For the Prayer Summit we conducted last Friday.
- We are grateful that our example inspired one of the churches in Armenia to launch their first online camp, which will be run for two weeks. They have three groups of 60 campers.
- That Royal Rangers Camp, Kiev, Ukraine has already planned a meeting with campers on June 6, a 3-day tent camp, and an overnight hike of 100 km.
- CCI/Ukraine staff: Vladimir is meeting with a camp director interested in joining CCI Ukraine. He is also having a meeting with CCI Worldwide leaders in preparation for the Board meeting on June 15. And he is processing documents accumulated during the virtual CCI/Ukraine CampDays-2020 staff training workshop held April 27 – May 29. Pavel is dealing with the CampDays documentation required by the government; he is also making additions to our Charter for giving financial support to Christian organizations running camps. This would allow us to channel designated donations for camperships through our bank account. Alexey is finalizing the idea of a care-group for camp directors, and creating an advertising post with an overview of the CampDays-2020 on-line staff training workshop so that those who have not joined us yet could still do it. Oksana and Tatiana are holding a Q&A session where the instructors are going to answer the questions the participants sent us.
- Valeri, CCI/Georgia, and Astghik, CCI/Armenia, are getting ready to launch the virtual CampDays-2020 staff training workshop in Georgia and Armenia. Mikhail, CCI/Country X, is going to have several meetings with camp leaders from churches to discuss their vision of the post-lockdown situation.
- Pray for the government of Ukraine as they are considering the regulations for summer camps. The Prime Minister has ordered that the regulations be ready by June 15.
- Pray for Alexey and Pavel – their health and their full recovery.
- Pray for the teachers and all the group leaders who are participating in organizing the virtual CampDays-2020 staff training workshop in Georgia.
“YOUR KINGDOM COME, YOUR WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN” JESUS
Our staff in the former Soviet Union appreciates your prayers for the projects they are working on currently. God is continuing to turn the hearts of thousands of youth to Him and to churches through the camping ministries.
Welcome to Kingdom Ventures Inc - Youth Camps
The fervent prayers and generous financial support of KVI Youth Camps faithful people have contributed to a fruitful 2014 camping season. Camp staff was schooled at five training events after which they opened hundreds of camps to serve thousands of youth. In spite of the war in Ukraine, most camps operated, although at 70% capacity because parents were reluctant to let their children travel. Almost all camps had some campers from the war zone. We will tell you more at HymnSing.
We are honored to have the Kyiv Symphony Orchestra and Chorus as our guests at HymnSing Sunday, September 28, 6:00 p.m. The 34-voice Slavic A Capella Choir will sing hymns and spirituals, sacred classics and Ukrainian folk songs. You will hear stories of God’s awesome deeds in the camps and among the refugees from the war zone of Ukraine. Click on ‘HymnSing’ below to learn more. Join Ruth Ens and the KVI HymnSing team at Calvary Temple on September 28 at 6:00 p.m.