THIS WEEK – February 18 – 24
Published weekly on KVI website www.kvicanada.org
FOR THOSE WHO LOVE TO PRAY
“In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.”
THANK YOU GOD
- For 14 educational tracks for CCI/Ukraine’s annual Camp Days Staff Training Workshop, May 8-11. Excellent information for meeting the current needs of our camping community.
- For 28 camps who participated in our ministry survey. Through their responses, God has given us an understanding of what to offer our camps.
- For each prayer partner who has agreed to pray with us for the 10,000 USD needed to subsidize CCI/Ukraine’s annual Camp Days Staff Training Workshop.
- For the Christian Camp in Kherson, their 6-day session for 120 campers aged 8-11 last summer. 50% of the campers were non-Christians.
- For Camp Vertical registration in process. 2 boys have already registered.
- For the Pentecostal winter family camp in Georgia. For the planning and resources for two other winter camps this February.
- Vladimir Shevchenko, Pavel and Tatiana Sh. are teaching at the Kids Camp Forum, February 20-21, the annual event for Secular Camping Professionals in Ukraine.
- This week Tatiana L. (CCI-Ukraine) is teaching the Camp Counseling course at Lviv Theological Seminary for 2 days and coaching the students who are teaching several Bible lessons to the children in the local children’s center.
- Victor, Vertical staff in Ukraine, is preparing the budget for Camp Vertical and Alpha Camp, and recruiting staff for summer camp.
- Camp Star Academy, Kherson, runs “The Direction” teenagers’ club for 30 teenagers every Sunday with adventure games, master classes, and Bible study and prayer.
- Astghik, CCI-Armenia staff, is recruiting instructors for the STW. She is also leading a meeting for girls.
- Dave Loewen is presenting KVI to a seniors group in Winnipeg on February 18 and to former FSU camp leaders in California February 23 & 24.
- For the Holy Spirit to work powerfully in and through the CCI/Ukraine staff – Vladimir, Pavel, and Tatiana as they teach at the secular Kids Camp Forum and as they point those people to the Savior.
- For Tatiana L., teaching at Lviv Theological Seminary this week. Most of the students work in summer camps.
- For wisdom on how to recruit enough volunteer staff for Camp Vertical.
- For God’s guidance during both the CCI/Georgia Committee meeting, as well as the 3-day camp staff orientation for the winter camps.
- For the CCI/Armenia Camp Days Staff Training Workshop, so that He would guide all the preparations and inspire people to donate.
- For camp Pure Heart and more men to join their staff team.
“YOUR KINGDOM COME, YOUR WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN” JESUS
Our staff in the former Soviet Union appreciates your prayers for the projects they are working on currently. God is continuing to turn the hearts of thousands of youth to Him and to churches through the camping ministries.
Welcome to Kingdom Ventures Inc - Youth Camps
The fervent prayers and generous financial support of KVI Youth Camps faithful people have contributed to a fruitful 2014 camping season. Camp staff was schooled at five training events after which they opened hundreds of camps to serve thousands of youth. In spite of the war in Ukraine, most camps operated, although at 70% capacity because parents were reluctant to let their children travel. Almost all camps had some campers from the war zone. We will tell you more at HymnSing.
We are honored to have the Kyiv Symphony Orchestra and Chorus as our guests at HymnSing Sunday, September 28, 6:00 p.m. The 34-voice Slavic A Capella Choir will sing hymns and spirituals, sacred classics and Ukrainian folk songs. You will hear stories of God’s awesome deeds in the camps and among the refugees from the war zone of Ukraine. Click on ‘HymnSing’ below to learn more. Join Ruth Ens and the KVI HymnSing team at Calvary Temple on September 28 at 6:00 p.m.