May 23 – 29, 2023
Published weekly by CCI/Ukraine Staff www.kvicanada.org
“The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective” James 5:16
THANK YOU, GOD
- For CCI/Armenia‘s annual Staff Training Workshop and the 20th Anniversary celebration of CCI ministry in Armenia on May 19-22; we welcomed a total of 150 participants.
- That Gerald and two CCI/Ukraine staff were able to travel to Armenia safely to teach and encourage. The theme of the Anniversary celebration was “Renew Your Mind, Renew Your Heart.”
- For Camp Kairos, Ukraine as they prepare for two sessions of 7-day residential camps in the Carpathian Mountains, June 19-25 and June 26 – July 2. They are expecting 180 campers from different parts of Ukraine, with the majority coming from families of internally displaced persons (IDPs).
- This week, at CCI/Ukraine, we are working on logistics for a food supply network for our camps throughout Ukraine. One of our Covenant Group camps has access to a relief chain of long-shelf-life food supplies and will be administering this service to our camps as a volunteer project during the summer.
- The CCI/Georgia program team is meeting this week to fine-tune the program for the annual Staff Training Workshop, scheduled for June 22-25.
- Camp Kairos is currently developing a life-changing and heart-opening camp program. They are actively working on the registration process and organizing team prayer meetings. The team offers a comfortable environment with five meals provided daily, a Biblically inspired program, engaging crafts and master classes, as well as psychological and spiritual support for every camper.
- Last week in Kyiv, Ukraine, the explosions were the loudest we’ve heard since the war started and the closest to our office and staff’s homes. Blast waves shattered neighboring buildings’ windows, and shell debris fell to the ground. Russian missile attacks occur at night, depriving Kyiv inhabitants, including our staff, of much-needed rest. Pray for Ukrainians’ safety and Russia’s withdrawal.
- Please pray for CCI/Armenia‘s efforts to integrate the new attendees of the Staff Training Workshop and the 20th Anniversary celebration, May 19-22, into their Christian camping network, which aims to maximize the ministry of its members.
- Camp Kairos requests prayers for additional funds because many children affected by the war cannot afford the camp registration fees. Nevertheless, these children truly need a fun and active escape from their daily worries and the connection with Jesus that Camp Kairos provides.
Learn a little about Camp Vertical – one of the ventures supported by KVI. Follow this link: